Universal Drivers


Installation

I held my breath and clicked on “HPUPD47PCL632.exe.”  I was immediately faced with my first big decision– where to unzip the archive.  I chose the default and the archive was unzipped to the root directory of my computer.  Now, I have to remember to go back and delete that folder after the installation completes successfully.  I want you to know that I hate having to do that and I can’t count the gigabytes of useless temporary installation folders that I’ve deleted over the years.  Personally, I prefer when programs un-archive into a temporary Windows folder that I know will be automatically purged some time in the near future during a typical Windows disk cleanup operation.

Configuration

The “special” (or dynamic) part of this printer object.  With dynamic mode, this dialog appears every time you choose the HP Universal Print Driver as your output device.  Once you locate printers using this dialog, they can be permanently saved in your Printer Folder.  Future use of the saved printers allows you to skip this dialog altogether and use it like any other printer.  However, what will the User Interface (UI) look like?  How much will it differ from the standard issue HP PCL 6 print driver?  Read on . . .

Popular posts from this blog

Arma 2 Anniversary Edition

Port Royale 3

Star Wars Battlefront